2019 Workshop video
This is home of the 3rd Annual Kansas Steel Pan Workshop held at Bethel College in
North Newton, KS
June 17-20, 2020
The workshop location is Bethel College, 300 E. 27th, North Newton, KS 67117 in Memorial hall. The Dates of the event are Jun 20 to Jun 23rd 2019.
Contact information: Brad Shores, 620-664-2484 cell, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closest airport is Wichita Eisenhower International and is approximately 25 minutes from the site. The cost of the workshop is $250 per person and extra family members can come for only $125 per person. The early bird registration cost is $200 for registration and $100 for extra family member and is due no later than May 1, 2020. The enrollment is limited to 30 so don't delay your registration..
You can fill out the forms and mail to me at Brad Shores, 228 Victoria court, Newton, KS 67114 or e mail
Workshop registration docx click here
Workshop registration pdf click here
Detailed schedule: coming soon
We will have a performance on Sunday afternoon which will feature various groups and will be open to the public at Memorial Hall
There are a limited amount of pans available for rent at the cost of $25 for the workshop. These pans include double seconds, D leads, and C leads as well as double guitars and 6 bass.
Ways to pay for the workshop
1. Paypal--send the appropriate amount to email@example.com or use buttons below
2. Check--send the check to Brad Shores, 228 Victoria Court, Newton, KS 67114
3. Credit Card-call me at 6206642484 and I will help process for you.
Full registration $250
Extra Family member $125
Early Bird registration (before may 1, 2019)
Early Bird registration for family members (before May 1, 2019)
Sheet music and tunes
The goal is to learn 7-8 songs for the concert on Sunday and the tunes will be available when you complete the registration (a link will be sent to you) by e mail. The link will include play along tracks so get familiar with the tunes and pdf files of the songs.
Song information and download:
After your registration is received I will be sending music and tracks as they become available.
1. What will I learn? New tunes, music theory, comping styles, scales, improvisational techniques, harmonization techniques
2. What will I need to bring? Bring your drum if you have one
3. What if I am a beginner? that is no problem, this workshop is designed to help people learn the pan, we can work with any level of student
4. Where do I stay? What about food? there are many hotels in the Newton area and also many food providers
Lodging: Days Inn, Holiday Inn express, Comfort Inn and Suites, America's best Inn (Hesston, 6 miles north)
Eats: Mcdonald,s Wendy's, Sonic, Applebees, taco Bell, Billy Sims BBQ, Genova Italian Resteraunt (MY fav), Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Arbys, China Wall, Brahms, back alley Pizza, Subway, Dominoes Pizza and several other places also.
What a great success the workshop was! Thank you to all of the participants that made this 1st annual workshop to special!!
Free downloadable music for solos & ensembles
Brad Shores Music